Tuesday 11 November 2008

Laugh and walk away - The Shirts


I didn't know much about The Shirts. I saw 'Tell me your plans' on TV when it was in the charts, but I thought that the next single 'Laugh and walk away' was much better. It was so aggressive and uptempo, it excited me a lot. It was 1979 and my weekly allowance was not big enough to be able to buy chart singles. There was a record shop around the corner where singles would be 50% cheaper once they fell out of the Top 40. It was January 1980 when I bought this single.
'Laugh and walk away', released on EMI's Harvest label, entered the Dutch Top 40 on November 10, 1979, reached no. 12 and stayed in the chart for seven weeks. Nothing was ever heard from them again.
My collection: 7" single no. 35
Found: Wouters, Den Haag, 1979
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Laugh and walk away' / 'Maybe, maybe not'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising