Wednesday 10 December 2008

Aubrey - Bread

The American band Bread consisted of David Gates, Jimmy Griffin, Robb Royer, Mike Botts and, later, Larry Knechtel. They signed to Elektra records in 1968. 'Aubrey' (1973) was their last hit before the band split up due to internal conflicts.

I got to know Bread thanks to a compilation cd owned by my sister. My interest in the group was so big that I started to buy their singles initially. Only later did I eventually buy the same compilation cd myself. I found this particular single, made in Japan, in a shop in the centre of Brussels, amid a whole collection of Japanese singles for discount prices.

My collection: 7" single no. 1538
Found: Record shop, Brussels, 1991
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Aubrey' / 'Didn't even know her name'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising