Sunday 28 December 2008

I have a dream - Abba

'I have a dream' was released in December 1979, but it wasn't a Christmas song. Still, the European sleeve of the single states that it is a 'Special Christmas Souvenir edition'. It may have originated from the 'Special Souvenir edition' pictured here. The folded sleeve, released in the UK, contains a special statement from the members of the band, saying that 'November 1979 will always be full of fond memories of our UK tour. Releasing this single gives us the opportunity to thank the thousands of you who made our visit so memorable. In 1979, The Year Of The Child, 'I have a dream' had a special meaning for us and enabled us to perform the song with choirs of British schoolchildren who joined us on stage each night.'

Together with a live recording of 'Take a chance on me' as performed in Wembley, London, this single was not so much a Christmas Souvenir as a UK Tour souvenir.

My collection: 7" single no. 3245
Found: London, 2000
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'I have a dream' / 'Take a chance on me (live)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising