Monday 22 December 2008

Just a dream - Nena

Sometimes when you're in a record shop, going through the racks, you get this 'what's this?'-experience. Finding this 12" single was such a moment. I was buying a few 12" singles and while I was browsing I saw this sleeve. It was an English version of Nena's hit 'Nur geträumt', and both the sleeve picture and the title of the record instantly drew my attention to it. I wanted to try it out, because the original German track was eighties pop at its best.

Unfortunately, the 12" version of 'Just a dream' is a tad too experimental for my taste. A bunch of echo effects, lots of repetition and more drums than you can shake a stick at.

My collection: 12" single no. 380
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, 2001
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Just a dream (Mega-dream-mix)' / 'Nur geträumt (German version)', 'Indianer'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising