Friday 5 December 2008

Popcorn - Luminatus

'Popcorn' was always a popular track to cover. Many artists and groups have tried their hand at this instrumental track through the years, with varying success. One of my personal favourites is the 1993 cover version by Luminatus.

I found this single during a holiday in London in 1995. By then, I'd already made the resolution to buy every 'Popcorn' cover I would come across. This was one of the first I found (and bought). It was going downhill from then on, because my oh my, there have been lots of worse covers around. More about that later...

My collection: 7" single no. 2515
Found: London, October 31, 1995
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Popcorn' / 'Cryptoid'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising