Monday 12 January 2009

History never repeats - Split Enz

There aren't that many records around that were laser etched. A&M Records introduced the laser etched records with Split Enz's 1980 album, 'True colours'. They hoped that laser-etching would lead to economical protection from unauthorized copying of its products. Subsequently, the singles 'I hope I never' and 'History never repeats' were also released on laser etched vinyl.

I found this single in a second hand shop and bought it, despite the fact that the previous owner had blacked out the label of the etched A-side with a black marker. It was a shame, but on the other hand, I never saw this single again, so sometimes even a damaged item is worth having. As for the music: the word Beatles-esque comes to mind.

My collection: 7" single no. 1243
Found: Den Haag, June 9, 1990
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'History never repeats' / 'What's the matter with you'

1 comment:

  1. Split Enz was the band from which Crowded House was formed, I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising