Monday 26 January 2009

Magnetic Fields part 2 - Jean Michel Jarre

I think everyone who grew up in or around the Seventies remembers their first cassettes. I got a tape recorder in 1980 and spent hours on end filling tapes with the music I heard on the radio. So in 1981 I recorded an instrumental track from a Belgian radio station, without actually hearing a title or artist. Instrumental tracks can be very hard to identify. And so it took me years to find out that this particular track was Jean Michel Jarre's 'Magnetic Fields part 2'. It was a minor hit in the Netherlands for Jarre, reaching number 34 in the Dutch Top 40.

'Magnetic fields' was Jarre's first album recorded with digital synthesizers, having used analogue ones on his previous work.

My collection: 7" single no. 2455
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, September 2, 1995
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Magnetic Fields part 2' / 'Magnetic Fields part 1'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising