Sunday 25 January 2009

Shut up and boogie - Vulcano

Producer and composer Hans van Hemert brought together Anna Dekkers (a.k.a. Dee Dee), René van der Wel, Suzanne Venneker and Jos Groothuizen to form Vulcano. They debuted in 1981 with this single 'Shut up and boogie'. The B-side, an instrumental version, is aptly titled 'Shut up'. It was a nice disco track, but it didn't reach the Dutch Top 40.

When I bought this single, three copies were staring at me from the shelf. Two of them were pressed on black vinyl, and one was pressed on clear yellow vinyl. Since they were all the same price, obviously I chose the yellow-coloured one. I guess it's a kind of limited edition pressing. A nice little item.
My collection: 7" single no. 3557
Found: All that music, Leiden, January 24, 2009
Cost: 1,6 euro
Tracks: 'Shut up and boogie' / 'Shut up'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising