Thursday 26 February 2009

Change your mind - Bill Sharpe and Gary Numan

Bill Sharpe was keyboard-player with the band Shakatak when he decided to record a solo album. 'Famous people' was released in 1985 and featured collaborations with Tessa Niles and Gary Numan.

'Change your mind' was my favourite track of 1985. The attraction of the single was helped a lot by a great video and the 12" single which featured a great extended remix of the track. But the regular version was already a cracker. My only regret is that I never bought the UK pressing with a glossy sleeve instead of the German one with the toilet paper sleeve.

My collection: 7" single no. 264
Found: LP top 100, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Change your mind' / 'Remix, remake, remodel'

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Great, great song. And, even the B-Side isn't that bad.

    I agree that the extended version is also really good, as was the album they did together later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the 12 " taped from a mate. loved the song and I seem to recall i liked the b side too but I cant remember it at all. Why is this so hard to get on CD or itunes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. duh theres a link on the site. just listend to it now

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising