Monday 16 February 2009

Invincible - Pat Benatar

After the major worldwide success of 'Love is a battlefield', the rest of Pat Benatar's career must have seemed to her and the world as a relative disappointment. Whatever she did, it wouldn't measure up to that one big hit.

'Invincible' is a convincing rock track, which is part of the soundtrack of the movie 'The legend of Billie Jean'. The movie was expected to be a big hit. However, the reviews were poor, and it flopped in the theatres. Benatar herself has often spoken disparagingly about the film before launching into 'Invincible' in concert, calling it 'The Worst Movie Ever Made' on at least one occasion.

My collection: 7"single no. 338
Found: LP top 100, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Invincible' / 'Invincible (instrumental)'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this posting. I have this on 12" single, and simply never get tired of listening to it (now on mp3). I have kept (and lost) my turntable somewhere, and all your postings remind me fondly of my undying love affair with vinyls. ~ chweebs (Singapore)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising