Wednesday 25 February 2009

Straight lines - New Musik

'Straight lines' was actually New Musik's debut single, released in October 1979. It led to their first TV performance on the BBC's programme 'Top of the pops' (see it here), despite the fact that the single only made number 53 in the UK Singles chart. The song appeared on New Musik's debut album 'From A to B', released in 1980.

I bought the single in 1995, when I'd come to the point that I wanted to have all of the band's singles. It took me years to find them all.

My collection: 7" single no. 2531
Found: Beanos, East Croydon, London, November 1, 1995
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Straight lines' / 'On islands'
Download: Album 'From A to B', including both tracks (part 1, part 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising