Tuesday 17 February 2009

Tell me - Jahn Teigen and Anita Skorgan

This is the first Eurovision Song Contest-related single I ever bought. That's quite amazing, because I don't live in Norway and I had been following the Contest for three years already. But this single came cheap and the memory of the song had faded but was still clear enough for me to remember that I actually liked it better than that year's winning song, 'Ein Bisschen Frieden' by Nicole. The single contained the English and Norwegian version of the song 'Adieu'.

Jahn Teigen participated three times in the Contest, of which 1982's 'Adieu', together with his wife at the time, Anita Skorgan, was the second. They ended up at twelfth place, which seemed like a great injustice to me at the time. Even now I think it was a great song - but perhaps not as overwhelming as a Bambi-eyed German girl singing about peace.

My collection: 7" single no. 136
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Tell me' / 'Adieu'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising