Tuesday 24 March 2009

If you want my love - Cheap Trick

Cheap Trick made a name for themselves with the big hit 'I want you to want me'. I thought it was a very irritating song, and it had its effect: I hated the band for a long time. It took some getting used to that 'If you want my love' was actually a rather accomplished pop/rock ballad.

When I bought the single, it was in the middle of the period I've described on this blog a couple of times before: when my sister and I decided to buy different singles. She hated this song, I liked it. So I bought it - and she wasn't impressed with my choice.

My collection: 7" single no. 145
Found: Studio Echo, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'If you want my love' / 'Four letter word'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising