Saturday 28 March 2009

Secret garden - T'pau

In 1987 T'pau became one of my favourite bands. I had all their singles, bought the album, and waited anxiously for album number 2. When their new single 'Secret garden' came out, I couldn't wait to buy it, and so I didn't. It turned out to be a disappointment: I didn't like the harsh rock sound of the A-side, and the B-side sounded just as messy and loud.

It was a first sign of things to come: the album 'Rage' was full of tracks like this, and contained only a few standout tracks. I don't know why I held on. Thankfully, album number three was much better.

My collection: 7" single no. 657
Found: Leiden, September 23, 1988
Cost: 6,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Secret garden' / 'This girl'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising