Monday 27 April 2009

P-Machinery - Propaganda

When I called this song 'Machinery' in this post, someone immediately corrected me, writing that the song is called 'P-Machinery'. Of course, I do know this, but it has been subject of a heated discussion between a friend and me over the years. His supporting evidence was that the song's lyric never mentioned 'P-Machinery'. My evidence was that it is continually listed as 'P-Machinery' in 'Britains Hit Singles' and the Dutch 'Hit Dossier'.

Whatever. The song was not a big hit in the UK, but peaked at number 12 in the Netherlands. I loved the song right from the beginning, although I didn't think it was the stroke of genius 'Duel' was. After this single, Propaganda disappeared from view for a couple of years.

My collection: 7" single no. 319
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 3,5 guilders
Tracks: 'P-Machinery' / 'Frozen faces'

1 comment:

  1. I never knew this was the song I loved so much. Thanx!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising