Sunday 24 May 2009

Disco really made it - Gruppo Sportivo

Attentive readers of this blog know that I had some bad luck with Gruppo Sportivo nine years ago, when I bought the EP 'More mistakes'. The track billed as 'Disco really made it' was actually 'Real teeth are out', and so I still didn't have that track. Well, I knew it would only be a question of time until I would get 'Disco really made it' as a single, and so it finally happened yesterday.

Released in early 1979, this single was Gruppo Sportivo's last and biggest hit, peaking at number 11 in the Dutch Top 40. The sleeve says 'Limited edition black vinyl', and I guess that's true - although I doubt it was actually a 'limited' edition.

My collection: 7" single no. 3741
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, May 23, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Disco really made it' / 'I don't know'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising