Sunday 17 May 2009

Perfect skin - Lloyd Cole and the Commotions

It was 1984 when this video appeared on television regularly - say, every other hour. The new band Lloyd Cole and the Commotions appeared on the scene with this single and eventually scored a hit with it in the UK, peaking at number 26. For reasons I could never explain, the single did not chart in the Netherlands.

It was even stranger that I didn't buy this single, leaving me to search for it for over a decade. Truth be told, I didn't have to buy it the first couple of years because I'd seen and heard it so often that I wouldn't play the single anyway...

My collection: 7" single no. 2377
Found: Record Exchange, London, July 1, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Perfect skin' / 'The sea and the sand'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising