Thursday 14 May 2009

Whenever you need me - T'pau

After an absence from the pop scene for three years, T'pau returned in 1991 with a new album, 'The Promise' and a new single, 'Whenever you need me'. The single was a bigger success than any of the three singles drawn from the previous album 'Rage', peaking at number 16 in the UK. However, the band had lost its European appeal, because the single did not chart on the continent.

Personally I felt that T'pau had regained the power of their debut album, and I bought 'The Promise' very soon after it came out. It was one of my favourite albums of the year.

My collection: 7" single no. 1440
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, May 18, 1991
Cost: 6,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Whenever you need me' / 'All the love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising