Friday 3 July 2009

You're the greatest lover - Luv'

'You're the greatest lover' is Luv's signature song. Originally released in July 1978, it reached number 1 a month later. The trio was at the height of their popularity in the second half of 1978, when also their next single 'Trojan horse' became a number 1 hit.

So is it alright to buy singles by Luv' when you're a grown man? I guess not. I've got the perfect excuse, though: I've got nearly all their singles because I bought them as a kid. Now all I want to do is complete the set, like I'm doing with a lot of other artists. Just label this as a guilty pleasure...

My collection: 7" single no. 3823
Found: La La Land, July 2, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'You're the greatest lover' / 'Everybody's shakin' hands on Broadway'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising