Thursday 20 August 2009

I know there's something going on - Frida

The Swedish group Abba never officially announced their breakup, but in 1982 both Agnetha and Frida were releasing solo albums. At the time, I thought I could never really forgive the band for throwing away their career, but I had to admit pretty fast that Frida's solo single 'I know there's something going on' was a damn fine song. Like the accompanying album 'Something's going on', the single was produced by Phil Collins, who also provided the great drum track on the song.

The B-side 'Threnody' was co-written by Per Gessle, the Swedish popstar from Gyllene Tider who would make a name for himself internationally when he started Roxette with Marie Fredriksson. Meanwhile, this single reached number 43 in the UK singles chart and number 3 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 152
Found: Studio Echo, Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'I know there's something going on' / 'Threnody'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising