Sunday 2 August 2009

Reach out I'll be there 88 remix - Four Tops

I'm not a purist by any means, but I do think that remixing Motown classics like this should be a capital offence. At the height of the Stock/Aitken/Waterman mania in the UK, Phil Harding and Ian Curnow, who worked with the trio rather often, were commissioned to make a remix of the Four Tops classic 'Reach out I'll be there'.

The remix reached number 11 in the UK singles chart. I bought the single out of curiosity during a holiday in London. The next day I found myself hurrying to a Central London hospital because of a kidney stone. I'm not sure if this is a cause and effect thing...

My collection: 7" single no. 3166
Found: House of Rhythm, London, January 18, 2000
Cost: 40p
Tracks: 'Reach out I'll be there 88 remix' / 'Standing in the shadows of love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising