Sunday 16 August 2009

She wants to dance with me - Rick Astley

Although Rick Astley's debut album already contained a few tracks written by Astley himself, it wasn't until the release of 'She wants to dance with me', the first single from his second album, that a single was actually written by himself. His album was still produced wholly by Stock, Aitken & Waterman, but that would be over on his third album too. Astley was slowly taking artistic control over his career.

'She wants to dance with me' remained faithful to the SAW sound, which may be why it did so wel, peaking at number 6 in the UK singles chart and the US Billboard Hot 100, and number 12 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1335
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 17, 1990
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'She wants to dance with me' / 'She wants to dance with me (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising