Saturday 22 August 2009

Theme from 'Tubular bells' - Mike Oldfield

Recently a luxury box set of Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular bells' was released. The so-called 'Ultimate edition' features a new stereo mix of the original album, demos, a surround sound mix, a book and a vinyl LP. When I was listening to all this, I also heard 'Mike Oldfield's single', a single released in 1974 to promote the album. It was a beautiful outtake from part 2 of 'Tubular bells'. (Part 1 is universally acclaimed for its 'Exorcist' theme, but part 2 is actually lesser known by most people).

I decided to try and get my hands on a copy - which is a lot harder than it sounds. I found a copy but unfortunately it does not have a picture sleeve. Well, anyway, it contains the music and that's the most important thing. The single reached number 31 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4008
Found: 45rpm.co.uk, received August 22, 2009
Cost: 4 pounds
Tracks: 'Theme from 'Tubular bells'' / 'Froggy went a-courting'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising