Thursday 3 September 2009

Here we'll stay - Frida

'Here we'll stay', the third single from Frida's 1982 album 'Something's going on', went by almost unnoticed. So much so, that I forgot all about it when I wrote about the previous single, 'To turn the stone'. The track was originally recorded as a duet with Phil Collins, who produced the album. For the single version, his voice was omitted. The single was unsuccessful: it only reached number 100 in the UK singles chart.

I originally bought the single back in 1983 or 1984. When I arrived home with it, I noticed that the single was broken in two. I could have gone back for a refund but I think I was afraid they wouldn't believe me when I said I bought it like that. So that was 1 or 2 guilders down the drain. I only bought it again one and a half decade later.

My collection: 7" single no. 3049
Found: Record fair, January 30, 1999
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Here we'll stay' / 'Strangers'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising