Monday 7 September 2009

Showdown at big sky - Robbie Robertson

1987 was the year when the first cd player entered our house. Every disc my sister and me bought was played almost religiously, while we listened to the sound of this flawless disc. Of course, I was still very much into the 7" vinyl format, so when a great song came around that was released as a single, I bought it. It widened the scope of my musical tastes beyond radio material.

'Showdown at big sky' was one of those singles I never heard on the radio, but solely on my sister's copy of Robbie Robertson's cd 'Robbie Robertson'. A great song, which didn't chart in Europe.

My collection: 7" single no. 709
Found: 1987
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Showdown at big sky' / 'Hell's half acre'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising