Tuesday 1 September 2009

Take me to your heart - Rick Astley

'Take me to your heart' was released as the second single from Rick Astley's second album 'Hold me in your heart'. The single reached number 8 in the UK singles chart and number 13 in the Dutch Top 40. It was also a top ten hit in Germany and Ireland.

When the American band Inner City released 'Big fun', it met with some controversy, as the music was very similar to 'Take me to your heart'. Stock Aitken & Waterman alleged that the band stole their music, but it is not known whether this led to any lawsuits.

My collection: 7" single no. 749
Found: V&D, Den Haag, February 17, 1989
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Take me to your heart' / 'I'll be fine'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising