Tuesday 3 November 2009

Success made a failure of our home - Sinéad O'Connor

In 1992, Sinéad O'Connor released her third album 'Am I not your girl?', an album with cover versions of mostly jazz standards. According to O'Connor, the songs were 'the songs I grew up listening to [and] that made me want to be a singer'.

'Success has made a failure of our home' was written by J. Mullins but contained some extra material written by O'Connor. It was released as the first single from the album. It reached number 18 in the UK singles chart and number 15 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 1705
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, September 5, 1992
Cost: 6,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Success has made a failure of our home' / 'You do something to me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising