Thursday 24 December 2009

I feel love - Donna Summer

After Donna Summer left Casablance Records and signed with Geffen Records, her old record company released a series of singles from her 1979 double album 'Bad girls' as well as the compilation album 'Walk away - The best of 1977-1980'. After this, disco and high energy producer Patrick Cowley was asked to remix one of Summer's best known tracks, 'I feel love'. This remix was released as a single in 1982, around the same time when Donna Summer scored a big hit with her new record company, 'State of independence'.

The full length 12" version clocked in at over 15 minutes and became a club favourite. The edit version on 7" single reached number 21 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 3093
Found: House of Rhythm, London, May 13, 1999
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'I feel love (part 1)' / 'I feel love (part 2)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising