Sunday 27 December 2009

This used to be my playground - Madonna

'This used to be my playground' was written and produced by Madonna and Shep Pettibone, and recorded as one of the last songs during the sessions for her 1992 studio album 'Erotica'. The single was released in the summer of 1992, and reached number 1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, number 3 in the UK singles chart and number 8 in the Dutch Top 40.

The song also featured in the movie 'A league of their own', starring Madonna, Tom Hanks and Geena Davis. In spite of its commercial success, Madonna has never performed it live. It also does not appear on succeeding greatest hits albums.

My collection: 7" single no. 3239
Found: London, October 19, 2000
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'This used to be my playground (single version)' / 'This used to be my playground (album version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising