Saturday 12 December 2009

Why should I cry for you - Sting

'Why should I cry for you?' was the fourth and last single released from Sting's third solo album 'The Soul Cages'. It was also the least successful, as it didn't chart in the UK, where all his previous solo singles had charted.

That's not to say it's a bad song: personally I think it's the best track from the album, with the extended version adding much to the song's appeal. This single has a bizarrely dark photo sleeve; I think something went wrong at the printer's. 'Why should I cry for you?' only charted in France, peaking at number 38.

My collection: 7" single no. 2309
Found: May 27, 1995
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Why should I cry for you?' / 'Ne me quitte pas (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising