Wednesday 10 February 2010

First boy in this town (Lovesick) - Scritti Politti

Scritti Politti is a band that repeatedly surprised me as the Eighties went on. Their reggae-influenced singles circa 1985 please me a lot, but 'Oh Patti' sounded nothing like that and it still thrilled me.

And then there was 'First boy in this town (Lovesick)'. I can vividly remember hearing that single for the first time, when my sister had just bought it and played it to me. I thought it would never be a hit, but I also knew I had to get it myself. Well, I was right on both counts of course: in the UK this single only reached number 63 and I got the copy only a year after its release.

My collection: 7" single no. 1001
Found: HMV, London, October 16, 1989
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'First boy in this town (Lovesick)' / 'World come back to life'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising