Monday 1 February 2010

Girls and boys - Prince and the Revolution

'Girls & boys' was recorded by Prince on his 1986 album 'Parade'. This limited edition double single was released in the UK in the summer of that year. I remember seeing the double single in the shops for ridiculous prices at the time, so I'm glad I waited for almost 25 years to get it this cheap.

The single was not released in America, but in the UK, 'Girls & boys' peaked at number 11. In the Dutch Top 40, the single peaked at number 29.

My collection: 7" single no. 4492
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 2,5 euro
Tracks: 'Girls & boys' / 'Under the cherry moon' // 'She's always in my hair' / '17 days (the sun will come down, then U will have 2 choose. If U believe, look 2 the dawn and U shall never lose)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising