Saturday 27 February 2010

Let's go crazy - Prince and the Revolution

A request by one of the readers of this blog: 'Let's go crazy' as released in 1985 as a single from Price's hugely successful album 'Purple rain'. I bought this single although I was never too wild about this track 25 years ago. Now I quite like it, I have to admit.

When 'Let's go crazy' was released as a single, it was edited from the album version. It was a number 1 hit in the USA, peaking at number 18 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 7 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4603
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, February 26, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Let's go crazy' / 'Take me with u'

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! THANK YOU for posting this! I'm a huge fan of Prince's music from the 80's and early 90's, and this 7" edit of 'Let's Go Crazy' - with the shortened intro - is impossible to find. I've looked for years. Keep up the awesome work on this blog; I always love seeing what gems you'll post next.

    Marcel from Nova Scotia, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising