Thursday 25 February 2010

Paradise by the dashboard light - Meat Loaf

Although the label on this single claims that 'Paradise by the dashboard light' has a running time of 7 minutes and 55 seconds, it is actually only 5 minutes and 25 seconds - which means it is a single edit of the epic album version, excluding the lengthy baseball commentary and some minor musical bits. I would regret this if I was actually planning on listening to this song ever again - which I won't for another decade or two.

Still, I have to concede that 'Paradise by the dashboard light' is a classic track, one that is forever synonymous to Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman's brilliant collaboration. I wish it wasn't played so damn often though.

My collection: 7" single no. 378
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Paradise by the dashboard light' / ''Bat' Overture'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising