Monday 15 February 2010

Private eyes - Daryl Hall and John Oates

According to Daryl Hall, 'Private eyes' is 'a real Janna Allen(co-writer and sister of Sara Allen) song. Janna, and I, and Warren Pash wrote that. Warren and Janna wrote most of the song, and I took it and changed it around-changed the chords. Sandy [Sara Allen] and I wrote the lyrics. It’s a real family song, the Allen sisters and me.'

The single carries a similar rhythm to the duo's number one hit from earlier that year, 'Kiss on my list', with the difference being a handclap chorus that has made the song an audience-participation favorite at live Hall and Oates shows. The single reached number 1 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 32 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 2499
Found: House of Rhythm, London, October 30, 1995
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Private eyes' / 'Tell me what you want'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising