Monday 1 February 2010

Summer nights - John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John and cast

So I go to this second hand shop I've seen on a website. The website says that there are bargain singles for 1 euro each. That's a reasonable price - if the singles are good. When I get there, the man says 'I am just getting rid of some stuff, so shall we say 10 cents each?'. It's like I'm suddenly a kids in a candy store with loads of cash to spend. So I buy literally everything that is vaguely interesting.

This was my first find: the 'Grease' single 'Summer nights' as performed by John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John and the cast of this 1978 movie that took the world by storm. The single reached number 5 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, number 2 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 1 in the UK singles chart, where it stayed for seven weeks.

My collection: 7" single no. 4503
Found: Any old time, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 0,1 euro
Tracks: 'Summer nights' / 'Rock 'n' Roll party queen' (Louis St. Louis)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising