Sunday 28 March 2010

Lift me up - Howard Jones

The fifth studio album by Howard Jones, 'In the running', was his least successful one in commercial terms. The album failed to chart in all territories, and the singles didn't do much to raise its profile either.

'Lift me up', released as the first single from the album, was the only single to reach the UK singles chart, peaking at number 52. This was also his last chart single in the UK: all subsequent single releases between 1992 and now have been ignored by the general public. I wonder why, because his music has only got better and better.

My collection: 7" single no. 1733
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 17, 1992
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Lift me up' / 'I.G.Y. (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising