Thursday 15 April 2010

Tell me where it hurts - Garbage

I don't have a lot of Garbage singles, and that's partly because most of their singles were not released on 7" vinyl. And when they were, they are often exceedingly expensive. But I got lucky: I found this 2007 single at a bargain price.

'Tell me where it hurts' was released on white vinyl in 2007. It was a new track on the compilation album 'Absolute Garbage', released while the band were on hiatus. This song was recorded after the band hadn't worked together for eighteen months. It was written around a string arrangement by the band coupled with newly written lyrics and a title that vocalist Manson had come up with a few years prior. Released as a single, it reached number 50 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4820
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 10, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Tell me where it hurts' / 'Bad boyfriend (Sting like a bee remix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising