Tuesday 18 May 2010

Cruel summer '89 - Bananarama

'Cruel summer' was a hit for Bananarama, reaching number 9 in the UK singles chart in August 1983. In 1989, the record company decided on releasing a remix of the track as a single, which wasn't a brilliant idea to begin with.

This 12" single adds some more misery to the whole idea. I didn't know this when I bought it, of course, otherwise I would never have done it. The remixes of three Bananarama hits are all abyssmal. A crash course in ruining great pop songs.

My collection: 12" single no. 420
Found: unknown
Cost: unknown
Tracks: 'Cruel summer '89 (Swing beat dub)', 'I heard a rumour (Corporation of Bananarama mix)' / 'Venus (The Greatest remix)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising