Thursday 18 November 2010

Are you gonna go my way - Lenny Kravitz

I was not impressed when 'Are you gonna go my way' was released in 1993. It was a reasonable chart hit at the time, but the rocky sound of the track put me off. It was at a time when most chart music was putting me off - I'd already moved into more obscure territory.

It was some time later, when I was in the car with Puck - his first car, if I remember correctly - and he played the track, that the ridiculously catchy guitar riff caught my ear. We were headbanging our way to my home, and I suddenly appreciated this track. I only found the 7" vinyl single now, because vinyl singles were already hard to come by at that time.

My collection: 7" single no. 4956
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 31, 2010
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Are you gonna go my way' / 'My love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising