Tuesday 12 April 2011

Break my heart - Shakespears sister

When Siobhan Fahey left Bananarama some might have thought she would disappear into nothingness, but nothing was further from the truth: within months she set up Shakespear's sister together with Marcella Detroit and the duo released a couple of very successful and artistically interestig albums.

Their debut single, released in 1988, was 'Break my heart', a track that would also appear on their debut album in 1989. Siobhan Fahey wanted 'Heroine' to be the group's debut single, but her label was not convinced it was a strong enough single, and instead opted for 'Break my heart'. It didn't matter much: the single flopped anyway. Thankfully, later singles would be more successful.

My collection: 7" single no. 5055
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Break my heart' / 'Heroine'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising