Sunday 29 May 2011

When am I going to make a living - Sade

I don't have a lot of test pressings and white label records, but this one must be pretty sought after by Sade fans. I found it in one of the Music & Video Exchanges in London in a corner of a basement in Camden. I would never have bought it if the sleeve, which was white, had been written on. That way, it was easier to recognise this record - a snip at just 50p.

Not that this particular 12" single had a lot to offer: two tracks from Sade's debut album 'Diamond life' and the B-side 'Should I love you', which I already had at the time. But still, it's a white label record. Collectors items like these are quite hard to find.

My collection: 12" single no. 106
Found: Record Exchange, London, October 1990
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'When am I going to make a living' / 'Why can't we live together', 'Should I love you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising