Monday 20 June 2011

I can't help it - Andy Gibb & Olivia Newton-John

In 1979, Andy Gibb performed along with the Bee Gees, ABBA, and Olivia Newton-John at the Music for UNICEF Concert at the United Nations General Assembly, which was broadcast worldwide. After this, he returned to the studio to begin recording sessions for his final full studio album, 'After Dark'.

In March 1980, the last of Gibb's top 10 singles charted just ahead of the album's release: 'Desire'. A second single, 'I can't help it', a duet with family friend Olivia Newton-John, reached the top 20.

My collection: 7" single no. 5144
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, June 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'I can't help it' / 'Someone I ain't'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising