Wednesday 16 November 2011

Love is a wonderful colour - Icicle works

The Icicle Works' frontman Ian McNabb sounds suspiciously like David Bowie in this track, 'Love is a wonderful colour'. Their first hit single, entering the UK singles chart on December 24, 1983, it was also their biggest, peaking at number 15 during a 9 week chart run.

This 12" single features an extended remix of almost 7 minutes created by Hugh Jones. The two B-side tracks also appeared on a limited edition double single which I've written about almost three years ago.

My collection: 12" single no. 226
Found: Plaatboef, Den Haag, 1994
Cost: 2,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Love is a wonderful colour (long version)' / 'Waterline', 'In the dance the shaman led'

1 comment:

  1. Used to love the Icicle Works - had lots of vinyl but foolishly sold it all (am currently re-stocking my record collection after several turntable-less years, which I'm periodically scribbling about on my own blog).

    A friend has memories of seeing them live, and McNabb introduced this as the 'song that paid for my house'. Can't really begrudge him that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising