Tuesday 29 November 2011

Take on me - A-ha

A-ha did their farewell tour last year, causing some grief among their fans, who are coming together this weekend for a fan reunion. Personally I think it's a matter of time before the three Norwegians reunite for another tour and/or album. It may take some years, but in the mean time, there's loads of old records to enjoy.

Such as this one, the original 12" single of 'Take on me', released in 1984 - a year before the single was re-released for the third time and finally became a hit. It's 'Take on me', but not as you know it. I've always liked this version a little better, also because of the exclusive track 'Stop! and make your mind up' which was never released since.

My collection: 12" single no. 19
Found: Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 15 guilders
Tracks: 'Take on me (long version)' / 'And you tell me', 'Stop! and make your mind up'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising