Monday 16 April 2012

So long - Abba

When I was younger, so much younger than today, Abba was my favourite band. I got an album of their greatest hits as a souvenir after a holiday because I really wanted it, and I played it over and over again. One of my favourite tracks on that album was 'So long', which to me sounded like the hardest kind of hardrock I could imagine.

Of course, Abba were never in the business of hardrock, but there is a certain rock edge to this song. It was released as a single in November 1974. Although musically similar to 'Waterloo', it was only a hit in Sweden, Germany and Austria, peaking at number 7, number 11 and number 3 respectively.

My collection: 7" single no. 5326
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 14, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'So long' / 'I've been waiting for you'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising