Saturday 15 July 2017

Ode to Billy Joe - Torch Song

I mentioned Torch Song once before on this blog, back in November 2008, describing my 12" single of  'Don't look now'. Since then I have found out that a 7" single does exist, because I recently ordered one. But then I went to Velvet Vinyl Outlet yesterday and suddenly found this single: 'Ode to Billy Joe'.

The song was taken from the band's debut album 'Wish thing' as well, and while it isn't the best track off that album, the B-side of this single contains a rather pleasant surprise. 'The Zebra Room' - a non-album track' - can be considered a sort of 'dub mix' of 'Don't look now'. And since that is one of my favourite tracks of the Eighties, this single turned out to be one of my best buys of the day.

My collection: 7" single no. 5848
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, July 14, 2017
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Ode to Billy Joe' / 'The Zebra Room'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising